A Trio of Pestos
- 1. CORIANDER AND MACADAMIA PESTO
- 3 big bunches of coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup of macadamia nuts
- ½ cup Olive Pride Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 handful grated parmesan cheese
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 2. ROASTED RED PEPPER AND GARLIC PESTO
- 4 red peppers
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- 1tsp salt
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1tsp white wine vinegar
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 handful of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 small handful grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ to ½ cup Olive Pride Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3. ROCKET AND ALMOND PESTO
- 150g rocket
- 150g parmesan, grated
- 50g blanched almonds
- 50g pine nuts
- ¼ cup Olive Pride Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- Salt and cracked black pepper
1. CORIANDER AND MACADAMIA PESTO
Add all the ingredients, except for the oil into a blender and blitz to a slightly chunky paste. Add a bit of water if needed.
While the machine is still running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
Once combined, taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
Serve on grilled lamb chops.
2. ROASTED RED PEPPER AND GARLIC PESTO
Quarter the peppers, then place them skin-side down in an oven tray.
Add the garlic cloves (whole) and drizzle with olive oil and salt.
Roast in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius until soft (about 20 minutes).
Blitz all the ingredients (except for the Olive Oil) in a blender. Add a bit of water if you need to.
Once you have a chunky paste, keep the blender running and drizzle in olive oil until you have a pesto consistency.
If it’s too thick add another splash of water to thin it out.
Serve with baked fish.
3. ROCKET AND ALMOND PESTO
Put all the ingredients (except the oil) in a blender and blitz until chunky.
Add a splash of water if too thick.
Keep the blender running and slowly drizzle in olive oil.
Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
Serve tossed through pasta with lots of grated parmesan and cracked black pepper.
Or watch this video for full instructions: